Saturday, December 27, 2008

New Postcards


I’ve just returned to Chicago after visiting family in Michigan for a few days. Rural mid-Michigan isn’t the most exciting place, so while I was there, my sister and I entertained ourselves by making collaged postcards. Armed with several old magazines, we worked without any goal besides making something.


We made these postcards intending to use them for Postcrossing. Postcrossing is a project where you send and recieve postcards from random people around the world. I’ve been doing it for several months, and my sister and mother have done it as well.


Afer making several poscards, my mother joined in. Her contribution was to supply us with bits of text, which then became the theme of a postcard.


What started as a way to pass time resulted in some interesting work. Some of the cards came out pretty well. I’ve scanned some of my favorites, and may clean them up and list them as prints on my Etsy page.

No comments: