Tuesday, February 9, 2010

New Collages II


Here are a few more of my recent collages. I talked about my inspiration and ground rules in my last post, but to recap, I was using old snapshots and purposefully keeping things simple. After making a few collages with varying degrees of success, I hit upon the idea of pairing an entire photo with an image from a magazine. I had a couple old issues of the New York Times Style magazine lying around, so used those as source material.

My first one is at the top of this post. I’m happy with how it turned out.

Here’s my second one:


I like this one even more. It’s probably my favorite of these collages.

Here’s two more, completed on the same day:




The one with the blue car is my least favorite of these, but even then, I like it. There’s probably a bit of John Stezeaker in these collages, but I think these are more concerned with pareidolia or pattern recognition than Stezeker’s work.

I’ll post more collages soon. Keep looking!

No comments: