Monday, March 7, 2011

New Collage


I've been making collages over the past couple of weeks. Here are a few of them.


I didn't have any initial inspiration for these collages, aside from using up some sheets of fade resistant artist's paper bought for a project I finished several years ago. 


I did set some rules, however. First was size. I pre-cut 8X10 inch pieces of paper, to limit the size of these collages. Past experience has taught me that smaller collages seem to go together easier. The second rule was to keep things simple. I tried using as few individual elements as possible in these collages to avoid over working them.


The third rule was to avoid any attempt to tell a story or create a narrative. While not exactly content free,  they hopefully encourage the viewer to apply their own associations when viewing them.

I'll post some more in a few days.

1 comment:

Erik said...

These are really great!