Monday, September 5, 2011

More Postcard Collages

Here are a few more of the postcard collages I've been working on over the past few months. 


I like this first one quite a bit, even though it's obviously influenced by Ed Ruscha's censor paintings (there seem to be few of those online so this one will have to do).


This one was an experiment. I was picking at a postcard with an Xacto knife, and realized I could peel off the glossy surface of a postcard and leave the paper backing intact. Once I did that, however, I didn't know what else to do with it, so it sat around in my studio for a few weeks before I added random bits of text and called it good enough. The last bit of text might be an apt assessment. 


A little random, maybe, but not bad.


I like this one. There's something about wallpaper that I find interesting, I've used it in work for years.

No comments: