Saturday, July 8, 2017

New iPhoneography

Here are some recent experiments in iPhoneography. I was very interested in iPhoneography a few years ago, when I purchased my first iPad. After playing with it for a few months, however, I gradually drifted away from woking with it. I had a few reasons for doing so: I tend to be somewhat process-oriented when I work, and prefer making things by hand as opposed to using auto adjustments; many photo apps only save low-resolution images, which renders them useless for anything but looking at on a screen; and I just moved on to other creative interests. This summer, however, I've returned to iPhoneography. This was also due to several things. I updated my aging iPad to a new iPad pro, and wanted to work with the new pressure sensitive screen and the Apple Pencil. Also, Phoneography is being taken more seriously, and many apps now allow for full resolution images and even working with RAW files. Thirdly, I found something I wanted to try that allows me to work on images by hand. I've been making work with the iPad Pro for about a month now, Here are some examples of what I've done. 






No comments: