Saturday, October 28, 2017

Blue Island Rainy Night

Here are some photos I shot in Blue Island, IL last June. I had been wanting to shoot a city on a rainy night for a while, but never had the opportunity-my ambition level, how busy I was, and weather conditions never seemed to sync. One day last June, thunderstorms rolled in right as evening was approaching. I live fairly close to Blue Island, which is a suburb just south of Chicago, and was done teaching for the summer, so I had both time and energy. So, I took advantage of all that and went for a shoot. I was there for maybe an hour and a half. It rained, sometimes stormed, and then stopped raining and began to dry as I was shooting. I got some good shots, and some bad ones, pretty typical for a photo shoot. I also got soaked, but it was a warm summer night, and I actually enjoyed that. Here are some of my favorite photos form that night.







No comments: