Monday, July 9, 2018

Recent Collages


balance
collage on paper, 2018



span
collage on paper, 2018



ninja
collage on paper, 2018



parting
collage on paper, 2018



tumble
collage on paper, 2018

Here's a few collages I threw together quickly a couple weeks ago. The background images are all photos I shot with an ultra wide-angle lens I bought a few months ago. They were shot for some other things I'm working on, and printed on a low end office laser printer, not a good photo printer, as I like the visual noise the cheap printer adds. The figures are all cut from various exercise books and  manuals, and are leftovers from the Diet And Exercise collage series I've been working on for the past couple of years.
Shooting with an ultra-wide lens often results in odd shifts in perspective, which allowed me to create surreal interactions between the figures and the drab backgrounds. Rotating the figures in unnatural positions seemed to amplify the surreal aspect, and made the perspective seem even odder.

No comments: