Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Three Versions


Nathan Phillips Square (v.1)
2018



Nathan Phillips Square (v.2)
2018



Nathan Phillips Square (v.3)
2018

Here are three different versions of a photo I made when in Toronto recently. It was shot with my ultra-wide angle lens at Nathan Phillips Square, a large plaza in the city center (the curved towers in the background are Toronto city hall).

 The color version is the one I did first. While it looks 'natural', there's actually quite a bit of post-processing in this image, beyond the typical color balance and contrast adjustments.  I did the B&W version because I thought this photo would look good in B&W, and I was right. The third one is me playing. I've been pushing myself to play more with photographic manipulation. I do it from time to time, but most of the time the results look too gimmicky and over processed, so I usually don't post them anywhere. This one turned out pretty good, however. While definitely a special effect type of image, it doesn't feel overdone.

Most of the time, when I do different versions of a photo, one of them ends up an obvious favorite for me. I really like all three different versions of this photo, however, and would be hard pressed to choose the one I like the best. Which is your favorite? Leave me a comment and let me know.


No comments: