Saturday, February 23, 2019

Chinatown Experiments









Here's some experiments with combining RGB channels from different photos. I shot these photos in October, 2016, and made the one at the top of the post about the same time. Then I moved onto other things, something I do a lot in my creative work. Early this week, I found myself with a little time on my hands (something that happens all too rarely during the school year), so I took another look at these and threw the other ones together quickly.
These photos were shot specifically to experiment with this process, and it's a fun one, if not one I'd likely do often.  I do want to shoot some more of these, and need to come up with some locations to shoot in. Finding a location that works is a little harder than you'd think, and weather is an issue as well. It was breezy the day I shot these, and the moving tree branches at the top of the second photo made lining them up impossible. I shot several sets of photos that just didn't work due to the breeze moving things I wanted to be still. 

No comments: