Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Weekly Shooting Excursion XII: Tinley Park


 My 12th summer shooting excursion was out in the suburbs. I had a couple errands to run in the southwest suburbs, and decided to combine that with a shooting trip. I chose Tinley Park, a suburb in the southwest corner of the Chicago metro area. Tinley Park has a small downtown-like area, and while I’ve driven through and shopped in the more typical strip mall parts of the town many times, had never set foot in the downtown area. I don’t shoot in the suburbs often, and the differences between the suburbs and the city made for a nice change of pace, even if I find it a bit more challenging to creatively engage with the landscape.

It was an enjoyable shoot, overall. While a downtown area, there weren’t a lot of people around. Most of the people I saw were congregated close to a couple of restaurants, and easy to avoid to maintain social distancing. This was late July, and it was hot, but not so hot as to be overly uncomfortable. Large, fluffy clouds in the sky made for nice backgrounds in the photos I shot. I wandered around for a little over an hour shooting various things. Here are my favorites from this shoot:














 







No comments: