Friday, May 25, 2007

A Quick Update

I'm off to Michigan to visit family and friends for Memorial Day weekend.
Not a whole lot to report, as far as making art is concerned. I've done some shooting with the toy cameras, and have been doing some reading on making large negatives for alternative process printing using Photoshop and an inkjet printer.
I also bought a daylab on Ebay. A daylab is a device which allows you to take an image from a slide and expose it onto a piece of Polaroid film. Very handy when doing Polaroid lifts and transfers.
When I return from Michigan, I am going to start experimenting with shooting slide film for use in the daylab. I've got a couple of ideas that I need to test. If they work, it will make things very easy. I'm also ready to resume trying to make inkjet transfers work for me. I haven't had much success yet. I'll post some examples soon.

No comments: