Friday, February 17, 2012

Recent Collage


Here are a couple recent collages. This first one really isn't that recent, I think I made it last August.


This one is more recent. It was made last month. The baby photo had been sitting around my studio for months, resisting all attempts to make a collage out of it. I finally got sick of looking at it and threw this together in about fifteen minutes one night.


This was made around the same time as the baby one. I like the simplicity of these collages. Making uncluttered, minimal work has been my approach when making collages for a few months. I seem to go in cycles, slowly building in complexity until the collages seem too busy, then not working in collage at all for a period. When I return to making them, the simplicity has usually returned as well.

No comments: