Monday, January 20, 2020

the orb


the orb
iPhoneography, 2019



the orb
iPhoneography, 2019



the orb
iPhoneography, 2019



the orb
iPhoneography, 2019



the orb
iPhoneography, 2019

One of those silly ideas. I found a photo of a guy holding a bowling ball in an old textbook, and snapped a photo of it with my iPad. It sat on my iPad unused for a while, then I got inspired and made the piece right above this text. I thought it was silly, but I liked it, and decided to keep the idea going by shooting all the photos of people holding bowling balls I could find (a have a lot of old books for collage purposes). I ended up making nine of these. I'll post the remaining four soon.
I liked the idea of giving them all the same title, that and making the title all lowercase letters added a pretentious touch that enhances the goofiness a bit.

No comments: