Monday, July 13, 2020

Recent iPhoneography

I haven't just been going on weekly shooting excursions this summer, I've also been making a lot of work with my iPad and various apps. Here are some examples of recent work. All of these started with photos shot from various old magazines, textbooks, etc. using my iPad's camera, and were worked with various apps. I mainly use Procreate for the overall design and construction, but often other apps are involved as well. I use Snapseed to clean up the photos and do basic post production, for example. My love of both mid-century design and contemporary Japanese graphic design are evident in these. I do not consider myself a graphic designer, but I am influenced by design. I don't consider these collage, although there is a collage aspect to some of them. They don't look like or share much of an aesthetic with most iPhonography I've seen either. Not sure what that makes them!









No comments: