Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Home Again


I returned home from San Francisco on Saturday, and am getting back into my studio routine. I was supposed to have returned on Friday, but heavy rains in San Francisco caused major flight delays, and my flight ended up getting canceled. Luckily, lodging wasn’t an issue, as I was staying with my sister and her family. I easily rebooked a flight for Saturday morning, then spent Friday afternoon shooting the rain-soaked streets of North Beach and Chinatown.


I also went to the top of Coit Tower, which is just a couple of blocks from where my sister lives, and got some good shots there as well.


It was a really fun and productive trip. I shot over 875 photos with my digital camera, 11 rolls of film (132 photos) with the Holga camera, and 7 rolls of film in the Nishika camera. I shot in a lot of interesting locations like the Musee Mecanique and Fairyland (which I mentioned in previous posts), Japantown, the Palace of the Legion of Honor, Chinatown, and many other places.


Now comes the hard part-going through all those photos and figuring out which ones to use and what to do with them. I’ve already made a large negative of a photo I took in Chinatown to make a cyanotype print from, and all the film has been taken to a lab for developing. I’ve got chemistry ready to start printing Van Dyke brown prints and gum bichromate prints. High quality artist’s paper, ink for my printer, and more transparency film are on order. Really, if there's a problem now, it's that I have more things to do than I have time to do them in.



No comments: