A couple of months ago I posted about a horrible print I made where everything went wrong. I made a cyanotype from the same negative a couple of weeks ago, and got much better results.
My studio wrk is progressing pretty slowly at the moment. I have several ideas I want to pursue, but haven’t made much progress on any of them. I chalk this up to a couple of things. First, after working steadily during last semester’s sabbatical (and most of last summer), then mounting a large exhibition while teaching full-time, taking a bit of a break from constantly working feels good. Also, I’m just entering the final busy phase of the semester at school. The next few weeks will be hectic ones at work, as the semester wraps up.
This isn’t artist’s block (which I’ve experienced, and believe me, isn’t fun). I have more ideas to explore than I can use at the moment. I’ll be returning to the studio soon. Although taking a break feels good, I’m beginning to get the urge to start working on something. Having this blog will keep me working as well. I know some of my friends read it regularly, and people I don’t know pop in from time to time as well. Knowing that people are expecting to see something new here is a good motivator.
Once I get back into the studio, I will hopefully have something to post before too long. In the meantime, I’m bouncing around a couple of ideas for this blog that I may try out soon.