Friday, December 13, 2019

Posters


Poster #1
iPhoneography, 2019



Poster #2
iPhoneography, 2019



Poster #3
iPhoneography, 2019

Exactly one year ago, on December 13, 2018, I was doing some shooting in Chicago's Bridgeport neighborhood and saw these posters stuck to plywood covering the windows of a vacant building. I liked the way the tears in these old posters simultaneously degraded the image yet added texture, visual interest and mystery. I tried working with the photos a couple of times, but never ended up with anything I liked. 
Earlier this fall, I gave it another shot. I imported them into my iPad, and giving myself the instruction to make them look as different from each other as possible, started working with them using various apps (mainly Procreate, but also Snapseed, Fragment and Halftone). This time, I liked the results.

No comments: