Sunday, December 16, 2007

Recent Work Roundup: Cyanotypes

Here’s some cyanotype prints completed over the past few weeks.


This is a statue at the Aquincum ruins in Budapest. I made a Polaroid lift of the photo, scanned it, and printed a negative from the scan to make this cyanotype.


This is a shot of the San Francisco skyline taken from the top of Coit Tower. The window openings are covered by plexiglas, and visitors have pushed coins through the gap between the plexiglas and the wall. The coins land on the wide ledge. I like this print quite a bit. I really like the look of the raindrops on the plexi that show up in the upper right side of the print. However, I’m not sure this print fits in with the other work I’ve been making.




Three photos of blank signs and billboards, all taken with my Holga toy camera while riding my bike. I plan on mounting these as a triptych in a large frame.

Look for some recent VanDyke brown prints to be posted in a couple of days, along with my first real gum bichromate print (not a test print) which I’m still working on.

No comments: